Saturday, February 2, 2008

CeltX and a Couple of Good Quotes

I remember complaining about in an earlier post that I thought CeltX couldn't put subtext in the middle of character speech. I'm not sure if this was true of the version I had, but the newest version allows you to select text, left-click and give format options, such as parenthetical. You can then copy and paste the parenthetical correctly where you want to in the script. If there's a more intuitive way of doing it, let me know.


Pulled these from the Screenwriting WikiQuote page:

[Screenwriting] is no more complicated than old French torture chambers, I think. It's about as simple as that.
-James L. Brooks


So the writer is the only person who's taking absolutely nothing, and 120 pages of it, and dirtying it up in such a way that it's gonna gross hundreds of millions of dollars and make a lot of people happy.
- Paul Guay

No comments: